Comments regarding options for addressing growth:
- Grade reconfiguration sounds great. Especially for 9th grade mental health
- Grade reconfiguration sounds terrible. No way 5th and 9th graders together
- Ditto (as response to Grade reconfiguration sounds terrible. No way 5th and 9th graders together)
- I’m for new facilities
- Year-round was considered for elementary, but what about a tri-mester for the high school?
- Current 9-12 configuration is superior for student choice of electives
- Why doesn’t year-round school work for high school?
- Love the 9th grade in the high school. Keep it!
- Ditto (as response to Love the 9th grade in the high school. Keep it!)
Comments regarding Elementary School options:
- Renovate existing elementary school
- Build 2nd elem. School (2 schools)
- Building new elementary school in Midway sooner
- New school sooner than 2025? Is there budget for remodeling Midway and new high school?
- 6th grade belongs in elementary school. 7,8,9 in Jr high
- No boundary adjustments until new school. Just portables.
- School near Hideout?
- K-5 elem, 6-8 middle, 9-12 HS is the best school layout
- Build new elementary school
- Move 6th to elementary
- Move 9th to junior high
Comments regarding Middle School options:
- Please start planning for building a new middle school sooner
- Keep MS 6-8. Better for SEL. 100%
- Return 5 and 6 grades to elementary school
- No 6th grade in elementary school
- Make middle school 7,8,9
- Build new elementary school and move 6th to elementary
- I like the MS recommendations that are listed
Comments regarding High School options:
- Please build new building and keep 9-12 configuration
- The population will double in 10-15 years to 80K. A single HS cannot support 100% more students. The longer we wait the higher the cost will be. Time to start now.
- A new high school is long overdue
- Make a boys high school and a girls high school
- If/when building a new high school, at least make it a similar size as the current high school, not smaller
- Is there a more efficient layout/design that would be less expensive but have ~2K enrollment?
- Schools that meet the needs of the kids
- Kids learn better in person (usually) rather than online.
- Build new HS 10 years ago!
- Build 2 new high schools 800-1200 each cap
- It is time to put the children first. Build the new schools!
- Way overdue… build another school now!
- I agree that a new high school is needed, but how do you create tradition at a new school when Wasatch High has 100+ years of tradition?
- Build 2nd high school as soon as possible, Thanks!
- Please!! Build a second high school
- Build a new high school on top of the current high school
- Build 2nd high school near college on free land to serve greatest growth area. 2nd HS could be art-centered. Let parents decide where to send kids.
- Return 9th grade to middle school
- Current HS is at/over capacity. Every day we wait for the obvious solution. Price goes up.
- A new high school at least as big
- Split session: 7:00-12:00, 12:30- 5:30
General questions & comments:
- What is the cost to design a new high school vs keeping the existing architecture/design? Can you show multiple designs and the potential cost of construction?
- You show rankings vis a vis state of Utah. How do we compare nationally? How do we compare $$/student?
- Thank you for this open house! So helpful!
- This H.S. should be expanded right now and get it done asap. It will most likely pass.
- Change impact fees
- Same! (as response to Change impact fees)
- No kids in portable classrooms
- Attract more seniors to Wasatch County. More taxes paid and no new students
- 73% of our property tax goes to our schools. Jordan District and Murray District are 55% or less. Why is our District paying more in property tax for WCSD, compared to the rest of Utah School District?